What affects range?
There are three main factors that can affect the driving range of the Mustang Mach-E:
Heavy acceleration and high speeds
· In any type of vehicle, accelerating fast will use more power and reduce range. This applies to
Internal Combustion Engines (ICE) and Electric Vehicles (EV).
· Likewise, faster speeds create exponentially more wind and road resistance, impacting on range.
Climate and temperature
· Extreme heat or cold temperatures outside have the potential to affect battery range, directly. All
electric vehicles (EV’s) have less energy when in cold temperatures compared to warm temperatures
due to battery cell chemistry.
· Heating and cooling the inside of the vehicle for passenger comfort also has an impact.
· Regenerative braking can capture and reuse more than 90% of the braking energy improving the
efficiency of the battery and extending the battery range.